1. This photo is a throwback, but it’s one of my favorites because I was in one of my favorite places. I love the U.K. and can not wait to go back again. I am constantly craving travel adventures, but I really do enjoy my own backyard. There’s a lot of comfort here but I do not know where I want to live yet- I just know my home needs a wrap around porch.
2. I have a pet cat named, “Binx.” His name is from the movie Hocus Pocus so if you’re a Disney fan like me you will understand the reference 🤓 I was never much of a cat person. In fact, I always wanted a dog and spent years trying to convince my parents to let me have one. I never got a dog, but Binx showed up at my doorstep one day- no collar and a clipped ear. He’s a stray cat and he is the best pet I could have asked for. His favorite spot to sleep is under my bed and he is scared of thunder but loves the rain. He’s a little free spirit and sometimes he feels like adventuring outside for a night. I think of this as Binx’s vacations.
3. My hair is naturally dark brown, almost black actually. I always wanted blonde hair so I decided to try it out. Now I’m indecisive; we will see what happens.
4. I had a tumblr account all throughout high school and I loved it. I never shared it with kids at school because it was a nice little escape- especially during Freshman year. Now I keep a blog, and I am pleasantly surprised to see that many of you actually read it. I hope you’ll check it out if you have the chance.
5. I have a witty, sarcastic sense of humor, just like my two brothers. I am the oldest and I grew up in a bubble filled with competitive gymnastics. My parents were pretty chill but I always stressed myself out- not sure why it worked out like that.
6. I had a lot of different jobs throughout my life so far 😆I worked as a paid style blogger in high school (something a lot of people didn’t know) Then I worked in field marketing and at Walt Disney World as a character performer. Now, I work as a marketing manager and I am enjoying adulthood so far. I’m not sure why I am sharing all this, but hey it is kinda fun.
7. I became passionate about health and fitness in college, after I stopped participating in cheerleading. I made my university’s cheerleading team and then quit shortly after. I wanted to cheer competitively and not from the sidelines, so I quit the team (GASP) and I started running. I ran away from my troubles, I ran to be free from a suffocating college campus, I ran a lot. I developed an eating disorder during college-I restricted my calories using a stupid app on my phone. I am not embarrassed by this. I grew from this experience. Now I can not imagine living the way I did and I am so glad I was able to overcome this obstacle. It has been a few years since recovery, and I ENJOY working out daily and eating clean. I like to share my tips with you all, because I wished I had genuine, honest advice about food and working out and stuff. (Rather than something my smartphone told me)
8. I love to try new things, and to get my heart racing. I took my little brother skydiving for his 18th birthday-a gift my mom did not love. We had a blast. I recently got into surfing and I am loving the challenge. People grow by stepping out of the comfort zone. There are no rules to this life- we really can do anything we want.
9. I am nervous about this blog, but I am also excited to see what is to come- I know everyone who is reading is silently judging in a good or bad way. I just want you to know that if it was the other way around, I would applaud you for putting yourself out there. I am cheering for you in whatever path you decide to take in this life. If you are not happy with what you are doing, you have the power to change it.
10. I believe in signs and I believe we can feel things much greater than we can understand. I can not put my finger on it exactly, I just have such a strong internal sense for this Earth and our being. I have been told by doctors that I am an extremely deep thinker. I like to hear stories about ghosts and abnormal experiences. I think there is a lot more to this life than working 9am-5pm behind a desk. I think there is a lot more to this life than the bubble we live in.