Thomas and I took a little road trip to western NY to see some fall foliage. This travel guide will cover places we visited, where we stayed, and places we ate.
We left on Saturday morning and drove to the first spot:
- Watkins Glen State Park: This park is absolutely gorgeous! There are a few trails here, and definitely some easier options. We hiked here for about an hour and a half before making our way to Buttermilk Falls. There is paid parking.
- Buttermilk Falls has some more amazing views! Easy trail and lots of photo opportunities. There is also paid parking, $8 a day!
Following this stop, we checked into our Airbnb in Interlaken NY. Hotels seemed to be booked out, so Airbnb it was. Please let me know if you would like the exact link to our place! I would be happy to send it as we had a great experience. Interlaken is just outside Ithaca, which is a city with lots of restaurants and bars.
After checking in, we got cleaned up and headed to dinner. We ate at O’Malleys Cabin on the Lake. This is a very casual restaurant and bar, with lake views outside. I enjoyed a cabin cocktail- which consisted of a Twisted Tea with blueberry vodka. It was tasty, and of course I made Thomas get dessert too!
Our airbnb had a beautiful porch where we had views of the horse drawn carriages riding by! It was super cool to see!
The next morning, we went to Ithaca Falls. What a beauty! Its a quick pull off, not a hike, which was nice as we were on our way home. We had brunch at the State Diner, which I would not recommend. Food was meh, service was not great either.
It was a very nice weekend getaway, and I am so glad we went. Before I share some pictures, I wanted to give a few travel tips:
- Pack a jacket! Thomas and I had to stop at Walmart for some warmer clothing. It was CHILLY.
- Wear hiking boots. The trails can be muddy. I linked my hiking boots here.
- Bring a laptop-our airbnb did not have a tv, so we watched Casper on Thomas’ computer.
- Plan your route ahead of time. Service can be spotty!