Have you ever tried rowing?
This was the first time I tried a full-on rowing workout, and let me tell ya… my shoulders are feeling it as I type this. The Row House 70 Hudson had my friends and I in for a workout class. It was a lot of fun, but also a great workout.
Here is what to expect at your first Row House visit:
- Sign up in advance. You will receive an email and a text confirmation.
- Bring a water bottle!
- Come prepared in activewear. No locker room; however they do have lockers for your belongings. Bring a hair tie!
- Use the restroom before your class. It is no fun to have to stop once you start the workout and get in the groove!
- You will be assigned a machine at check in. This machine is going to be your BFF throughout the entire workout.
- Select weights you feel comfortable with. Keep a pace you feel comfortable with as well. The workout program adapts for all fitness levels. Keep this in mind during your workout- from beginner to advanced, you can get a great workout in with this class! You will be instructed to select dumbbells for a portion of the workout. Select what you feel comfortable with, not what you see other people selecting!
- Have fun! The 45 minute workout class seems slow at first, but then I lost track of time. Time flies when you’re having fun, hehe.
The class is taught by an instructor who handles all your questions, comments, or concerns. She helped my friends and I set up prior to the class and gain an understanding of the row machine. It may be a little tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it- it’s smooth sailing!
I am not an expert. Please use information at your own risk.