There’s a saying, “When you focus on the good, the good gets better” and I have found it to be very true. It’s the little things, the day to day, the moments of gratitude that we need to remember. I am sharing little changes that can make a big difference in your life today.
2022 seems to be flying by so far, and there are a few things I have been doing that have made quite a difference in my life. While I am not an expert, I am sharing in hopes that maybe some of these points resonate with you. Let’s dive in!
1. Less consuming, more creating. I truly get excited when my phone notifies me that my screen time has been down. I spend way less time on here consuming content and much more time creating and living in the present. Ditch the scroll, do something productive!
2. Taking care of my health. Since completing 30 Days to Healthy Living and getting my quick workouts in, I actually feel more energy throughout the day. I completely cut out coffee (gasp) and I do not miss it! I even lost a few pounds (this was not the goal, yet I did notice it). It’s important to soak up the sun too, I know it can be chilly… but wow those rays really make a difference.
3. Reading. Feel free to join my email list to stay up to date on our book Club book. Currently, we are reading American Muckraker… it’s interesting, mind opening, and kinda spicy.
4. Trying new things. I recently bought a sewing machine and some fabric, and began some fun projects. I actually almost failed Home Ec in middle school, so this is a big move for me. I plan to share what I am making on here soon.. stay tuned.
5. Practicing gratitude. 🙏🏻 While there is a lot happening in the world, we still have so much to be grateful for. Everyday, I wake up grateful to live in the greatest country in the history of the world. I wake up grateful that I am able to read the Bible, speak my mind, meet new friends, and spend time with my loved ones. Our bodies are capable of amazing things, we are so blessed!
It can be easy to write these out and mention practicing gratitude on the good days and good moments; however, it is important to remember them during tough times too. When you are feeling down or overwhelmed with all that is happening in the world, remember that there is still SO much to be grateful for… Ditch the scroll and get off social media. Spend time with your friends, family, and loved ones. Play a game with your pet. Life is about the little moments.
When you focus on the good, the good gets better.