Reading is a great way to wind down and relax- whether you are sitting on the beach or on your daily train ride to work.
I am gearing this post towards 20-somethings, because I can relate to this demographic, and as a 20-somthing, I personally enjoyed these books. While I prefer the hardcopy, Amazon has some great deals on ebooks. If you prefer to read from a tablet or smartphone, there are plenty of options to keep you mobile and reading! Let’s dive into this list, and you’ll be reading in no time!
Books on the Beach (for 20-somethings):
- Rise and Grind: Outperform, Outwork, and Outhustle Your Way to a More Successful and Rewarding Life by Daymond John and Daniel Paisner Amazon Link
- I am a Rise and Grind Ambassador, but I genuinely believe this book should be on your list. If you have a passion for business, self-growth, or simply want to learn how to better manage your time, I highly recommend picking up a copy. Life is short and your time on this Earth matters, make the most of it and chase your dreams. Being an entrepreneur requires a hustle and you will learn all about this hustle in Rise and Grind…
The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter–And How to Make the Most of Them Now by Meg Jay Amazon Link
- This is a great book that I pick up from time to time when I need some motivation and inspiration. Your twenties matter- you are still developing as a person and you have a lot to learn. Your twenties are the years to be selfish and to take risks- your twenties only come once, and this book does a great job of inspiring you to make the most of them!
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss Amazon Link
- I am still working on this one, but I really enjoy it so far. This book has a different perspective on business and the workweek. If you have an interest in business or potentially starting your own- this book is a great place to find inspiration.
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso Amazon Link
- If you have a passion for fashion or an entrepreneurial mindset, you may enjoy this book. It’s a great read about the realities of starting your own business and how anything is possible with drive and motivation.
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur Amazon Link
- This book of poems is a quick and interesting read. I highly suggest reading this one with a nice cup of tea on a rainy day.
I hope you get the chance to read one or all of these books in your 20’s. Take some time away from your stressful day to day activities and snuggle up with a good book. You may learn something new, you may not. Either way, you took time for yourself, and this is very important.