As I sit here drinking my morning black coffee out of my “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” mug, I can not help but think about how big my dreams are and if they are even possible. It is a rainy Sunday morning here in New Jersey, and I have not been sleeping well. I feel very lost lately, and while I am blessed with options and opportunities, I am lost in which path to choose.
“Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is a classic movie that features my personal favorite icon Audrey Hepburn. If you have not seen this movie, I highly recommend it! Audrey Hepburn is much more than just an actress in a movie; to me, she is one of the most beautiful, classy and inspiring ladies in history.
Audrey Hepburn was born in Ixelles, Brussels, Belgium in 1929. Her parents divorced. She suffered from depression and malnutrition during the Nazi occupation. She attended ballet school and later started her modeling career. She became an actress and became a huge success after moving to America. Throughout her life, she was married, had a son, divorced, remarried and had a second son. From 1988 until 1993, Audrey Hepburn was a special ambassador to the United Nations UNICEF fund. She passed away in 1993 due to appendicular cancer. (This information was gathered from: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000030/bio)
Audrey Hepburn was not just a pretty face, she had a beautiful heart. She overcame various obstacles in her life, and helped others along her journey. In addition to her story, here are some quotes to inspire and motivate you to chase those dreams. (I need to read them today too. )
Quotes by Audrey:
- “Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm. As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”
- “I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.”
- “Only the absolutely determined people succeed.”
- “I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people’s minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.”
(Above quotes collected from IMDB)
- “Paris is always a good idea.
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
- “The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.”
(Above quotes collected from Google)
All Images gathered from Pinterest