Do you feel like you are running around all day between work, the gym, errands, etc? There is one thing every girl on the go can experience…and that is being HANGRY. Trust me, being hangry is not fun for you or the people around you (lol). It can be so difficult to decide what to pick up at a convenience store; you may find yourself questioning what are the better options to help keep you feeling full and ready to continue your day? Well I am here to help! Let’s curb those cravings and stock up on some fit foods. You’ll be ready to handle whatever your day throws at you.
Today, I am sharing 3 quick and easy “fit foods” for the girl on the go. I am not an expert; however, I do enjoy these options and believe you might too:
- Hippeas Chickpea Puffs: an absolute MUST! These come in a variety of flavors (I prefer BBQ and vegan White Cheddar) They are great to snack on throughout the day as they are made with chickpeas and contain fiber.
- Terra Exotic Vegetable Chips: Does anyone else think that purple chips taste better? Regardless, these are great if you are craving something salty.
- Quest Protein Bars: Quest is one of the best protein bars on the market. They are SUPER high in fiber, low in net carbs, low in sugar, and high in protein. While the taste varies flavor to flavor, these are a great snack to keep you feeling full.
Can not find these items or are looking to try something else? Well, here are some easy guidelines to follow when selecting snacks:
- Fiber foods: Select snacks with fiber to help keep you feeling full!
- Low sugar foods: (unless its natural sugars. Ie. Fruit) Sugary snacks can lead to a crash later.
- Protein: You are moving and grooving and protein can help fuel and sustain your energy.
I understand how overwhelming the snack aisle can be, and we often just want to reach for a sugary pastry or a bag of chips. These alternatives may surprise you! 😉
I am not an expert. Please use information at your own risk.