Anyone else find themselves drooling over Hair by Chrissy and all those beautiful Instagram models hair? Well, chances are they have extensions in their luscious locks, but there are ways YOU too can strengthen and grow your own hair.
Unfortunately, I fried my hair with heat products as well as numerous dye treatments and bad eating habits. My hair went from thick and full to thin and uneven. The first picture was taken in high school, then came college (as you can see I was very thin and my hair was as well) and then the last picture was fairly recent.
I have been working like crazy to get it back to where it was before, and I have tried a variety of options. Here are 5 that I am absolutely loving right now!
- Biotin- The most commonly known supplement for hair growth and strengthening. I take a biotin pill once a day (when I remember.) There are various versions of this out on the market. One of which is the commonly known Sugar Bear Hair. You can also find biotin at Walmart, Target, and a variety of pharmacies. Biotin does not work like magic and instantly grow your hair, but this is a great option if you are patient.
- Wet Hair Spray/Leave In Conditioner- I have been using this one every time I getout of the water. Whether I am at the beach, the pool, or coming out of the shower, this product is my go to. It helps to strengthen my hair and leaves my hair feeling great. I love how convenient this product application is! I recommend keeping this in your beach bag. I use Schwarzkopf GLISS brand.
- 1 Minute Hair Mask- This product is awesome because you use it in the shower and do not need to get back in the shower to rinse it off. This application of this product is simple; Wash your hair, apply the mask, and then rinse out in 1 minute! This product also works to strengthen your hair. I use Schwarzkopf GLISS brand.
- Way to Grow Shampoo- This product is super inexpensive and from a brand near and dear to my heart. “Not Your Mothers” products are awesome and will not break the bank. The best part about this shampoo is that it can be used on dyed hair!
- Way to Grow Conditioner- This product is the perfect follow up to the shampoo. You can leave this in your hair and then rinse out before you get out of the shower.
I really hope these tricks help you, and please do not hesitate to share if you have any products that have worked for you!
Recently, I received some new products in the mail and this is an honest review of them. They are easy to use and you can apply them at convenient times. (No crazy 8 hour hair mask or large amounts of washing and drying!) I personally purchased Not Your Mothers before from Walmart/Harmon and I purchased the biotin supplements at Walmart. I am not a doctor, so please consult yours before trying a new supplement.