With all that is going on in the world, self-care is extremely important. Today, I am sharing 20 self-care practices.
It’s a strange time right now. As a natural born planner and very organized individual, it is not easy for me to cope with the chaos and uncertainty. Yesterday, I found myself really struggling to comprehend that there is no end point in sight. We do not know when this will be over and if/when things will return back to the way they used to be. I am finding difficulty in believe that this is the “new normal” and I am struggling to adapt. I miss how things used to be- the flourishing economy, the ability to travel as we please, and the feeling of freedom. I am incredibly blessed to live where I do, and to have the support of my family and friends as we move through this period of uncertainty.
I am finding comfort in the fact that I am alive and well and life still goes on.
We’re all in this together.
Now is a great time to take a breather and to practice self-care. Self-care is not selfish. Here are twenty ways that you can practice self-care while isolating. I am not an expert; I found these helpful and I hope you do too. Additionally, I created a self-care bingo for instagram stories. If you complete it, please tag me as I would love to see all you accomplish!
20 Self-care Practices:
- Go for a walk.
- Try a new online work out.
- Take three deep breaths right now.
- Pick up your favorite meal (bonus as this supports businesses as well)
- Take a social media break. Get off the scroll for a while, and practice a hobby.
- Watch a show that makes you laugh.
- Meditate. I am new to meditation, but I tried it today and enjoyed it!
- Check in on a friend or family member. Send a text, give them a call.
- Spend time outdoors. I have found that the sun can do wonders.
- Read a book.
- Do a gratitude list.
- Eat healthy foods. Make a fruit smoothie!
- Clean your desk space.
- Organize your closet.
- Make something. Complete a DIY project.
- Spend time with your pet.
- Take a bath or long shower.
- Help someone- donate to a non-profit or seek opportunity to help others whenever possible.
- Drink water.